Transmission Engineer (SDH/WDM)
Posted on Apr 6, 2019 by Connect 44 AG
As Team member of the Operation Managed Service Team Switzerland we Operate for our customer or as Part of his/her operation Team his/her multivendor network.
As Service engineer you work as Optical Transport Engineer.
Mainly tasks are:
- Work as part of an operation Team on a customer network, providing expert technical advice on solution, troubleshooting and network acceptance activities
The role requires the applicant to be customer facing as a trusted advisor and therefore the applicant should be very confident in Optics Products and Network Management area, able to present information in a professional manner.
Random travel may be involved within Switzerland.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field related to Telecommunications
- 5 years' experience in telecommunication, focus on Optical transmission
- Fluent in German and English. French advantageous.
- Good knowledge on operating and trouble-shooting on a customer network.
- Good knowledge on integrating solution, configuring network elements and trouble-shooting customer networks.
- Demonstrable "hands on" experience in network Integration, Test and Migration, and use of test equipment.
- Strong and deep knowledge of Alcatel-Lucent Optics products, especially WDM and Network Management systems -
- WDM family (1830PSS), NMS (5620SAM, 1350OMS)
- Experience with Remote Technical Support
- Good knowledge of Fault Management and Configuration Management ITIL Processes
- Optics Products; Nokia WDM family (1830PSS)
- Network Management Systems, such as Nokia 5620SAM, NSP and 1350 OMS).
- Solaris, Redhat, Linux/Unix Shell, Scripting (Python, Shell, Perl,etc.)
- Traffic Generators.