Posted on May 25, 2023 by CBS butler
Problem Manager - DV Cleared
Posted on May 25, 2023 by CBS butler
£500 -550 inside IR35
12 months contract - 5 days on site
Active DV Clearance only
Problem Manager Requirements:
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Problem Management area of a dynamic IT Service.
Working as part of the Digital Operations team within a complex delivery environment, the role of the Problem Manager is to ensure that the Problem life cycle is managed across all elements of the service delivery. This activity aims to reduce incidents and/or their impact, eliminate recurring incidents and reduce the number of reactive problems.
Reporting to the Digital Operations Manager you will assist with all elements of Problem Managment including, maintaining the availability and accuracy of a known error repository for reference by support staff, providing reporting and statistical information on Problem records and their linked incidents. Provision of information to assist management and support teams in identification of underlying causes to service affecting issues. Assisting the Major Incident Manager during Major Incidents utilising's Problem Management processes to help identify Root Causes.
The Problem Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Aid support staff, resolver teams and service desk to resolve Incidents.
- Identification of Problems and subsequently their resolution or conversion to Known Error status.
- Creation, review and update of Known Errors and co-ordination of their publication.
- Initiation of changes to systems or services to prevent the occurrence and recurrence of Incidents.
- Reviewing Incident and Problem analysis reports to identify trends and potential Problems before they occur.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Problem Management process.
Lead reviews of the efficiency and effectiveness of the Problem control process and pro-active Problem prevention.
- Lead with the development and maintenance of the Problem control and Error control systems.
- Responsible for and Lead co-ordination of Problem troubleshooting efforts.
- Responsible for the ongoing audit of Problem Management operations and procedures.
- Provide Problem Management reports for the Client and Senior Management Teams.
- Responsible for Monitoring of all incidents linked to Problem Records to ensure they are relevant.
- Responsible for the annual reviews of all Known Errors, archiving where appropriate.
Problem Manager Kills required:
- Knowledge and working experience of ITIL and Problem Management Processes
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Knowledge and understanding of complex IT support environments.
- Minimum ITIL 4 Fundamentals
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management
- Proven working experience within the Problem Management Arena
- Minimum of 5 years in a Service Management role (eg, Service Desk Agent)
- More than 5 years in customer focused environment
- Basic awareness of Windows/Linux Operating systems
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN technologies, systems management, and monitoring tools
- Previous use of Microsoft Office suite applications - eg, Word, Outlook, Excel
- Previous use of a Service Management toolset such as Service Now
If this role is of interest, please click apply without delay
Alert me to jobs like this:
Problem Manager - DV Cleared in Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, Contract/Project
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test