Posted on May 25, 2023 by Allen Lane
Posted on May 25, 2023 by Allen Lane
Allen Lane is delighted to be supporting the National Lottery Heritage Fund in their search for an Interaction Designer to join the organisation on a permanent basis. It's an exciting opportunity to design, prototype and improve the Heritage Fund's Investment Management Service. This includes a front-end and Salesforce backend. You'll work as part of an agile team to ensure prospective applicants find the service usable, approachable and as comprehensible as possible through interaction design and iterative improvement of the end-to-end service. This is a fully remote role but candidates must be based in the UK.
As an interaction designer, you will:
- Be responsible for the interaction design process of the Heritage Fund's Investment Management System and other related investment services
- Deliver high quality finished digital service designs that meet web standards and GDS/ GOV.UK design principles, ensuring that accessibility and user focus are built into designs from the outset.
- Advocate appropriate strategies for research, test and design to enable ongoing improvements to the service.
- Synthesise insights from user research and testing to inform evidence-based prototypes and designs.
- Work to generate the feedback and insight to build a clear picture of the service interactions and end-to-end journey, through analysis and facilitating project workshops to uncover insight and build consensus.
- Balance user needs, technical complexity and risk in order to support the prioritisation of product roadmaps.
- Operate widely across the organisation and champion the digital service design work to multidisciplinary business areas and stakeholders.
- Communicate the benefits and performance of the service to the wider organisation in accessible and engaging ways.
- Help improve the familiarity of our staff with user-centred design practices.
- Collaborate across the National Lottery Family and bring in learning from other funders and organisations.
Key skills required
As an interaction designer, you will have:
- Knowledge and experience of good practice in digital service design
- A good basic understanding of web technologies and how they affect design, including accessibility.
- An understanding from a digital perspective of changes in technology and ability to adapt approaches accordingly and confidently making decisions to meet user needs
- An understanding of the importance of assisted digital, design services and make decisions to meet user needs.
- Practical experience in designing interfaces and transaction flows for the web
- Evidence and context-based design
- Strong skills in bringing together large amounts of conflicting information and using it to produce simple designs
- Experience of web and mobile application interface design. Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping
- Experience leading prototyping as a team activity, actively soliciting prototypes and testing with others, establishing design patterns and choosing the most appropriate prototyping methods
What you get in return
A salary of between £46,359 - £58,515 plus benefits which include the civil service pension scheme (27.9% Employer contributions annually) full remote working and much more!
Alert me to jobs like this:
Interaction Designer in London, United Kingdom, Full-Time - Remote
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test