Digital Solutions Manager (clinical trial)
Posted on Apr 5, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Zuchwil we are looking for a Digital Solutions Manager for a 9-month contract.
Duration: 15/04/2019 to 31/12/2019
The Digital Solutions Manager plays an essential role in driving GDD's digital agenda by catalyzing and leading digital projects to bring them to life. The Digital Solutions M is a core team member of the assigned to Patient Centric Remote Trial project and works closely with the digital team and holds direct responsibility in the execution of an integrated strategy by ensuring alignment and efficient cross functional execution of multiple digital initiatives. This requires the ability to influence and lead multi-disciplinary teams across a variety of subject matters with minimal authority to deliver with high quality, and in accordance with approved strategy.
Specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Work with General Managers to help define the strategy and direction for each digital program.
- Support digital solution evaluation activity and engagement with external partners
- Lead one or more projects or workstreams, including the development and maintenance of project charter, requirements document, timeline, and financial forecast.
- Develop, design and execute pilot programs, as needed, to evaluate disruptive technologies
- Provide solution adoption support to clinical project teams as needed.
- Lead project communication material development for multi-stakeholder management and external purpose as needed
- Anticipation and proactive risk management. Development of mitigation plans
- Ensure effective team dynamics, performance, prioritization and communication.
- Lead cross-functional project teams and task forces of multidisciplinary experts across varying areas of technological proficiency ensuring the assessment/execution of digital projects.
- Develop and maintain project charter, timeline, and financial forecast.
- Ensure delivery of development activities for digital solutions to cost, time and quality standards
- Develop and nurture relationships with other Development functions and external partners to ensure the expansion of solutions across the Development portfolio.
- Identify unmet needs and opportunities where digital solutions can positively impact GDD operations and develop new or improved processes to increase efficiency and quality of deliverables.
- Develop and manage new processes where no process or precedent exists, while maintaining compliance with current regulations (both internal and external).
- Identify and share learnings and process changes needed for technology adoption as identified through pilot programs and/or gap analysis.
- Provides strategic planning and input for communication and coordination of Digital Accelerator activities throughout GDD, other company's Divisions, and through external channels/PR/Media.
- Proactively manage risk, including assessment of impact on clinical operations and development of mitigation plans
- Collaborates with the Global Head of Digital Development, Accelerator General Managers and Head of Strategy and Operations in preparation of organizational recommendations, business cases, financial forecasts and updates for senior management and organizational leadership teams
- Communicates program progress/issues horizontally and vertically in an open and timely manner
- Provides leadership in the areas of planning, tracking, scenario-generation, contingency development, critical path analysis, and risk management
- Identifies and develops best practices for project management and implements them accordingly
Graduate degree or equivalent in life sciences or computer science, engineering fields
Proficiency in English written and spoken
- 5+ years' industry experience in clinical trial operations
- 5+ years' experience in clinical technology implementation
- 5+ years' or equivalent multi-/cross-functional team management experience
- Experience presenting/speaking at a senior management level with a proven track record of effectively communicating complex initiatives
- Successful track record of problem-solving and navigating un-charted territory without clear precedent
- Advanced project/program management skills
- Experience in vendor engagement and collaboration highly preferred
- Strength demonstrated in strategic decision making, scenario evaluation, change management and contingency planning
We offer you a competitive salary and an interesting challenge in a well named company which will benefit your career.
If you are the person we're looking for please submit your application. We're looking forward to getting to know you.