Lead Python Developer
Posted on Apr 5, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
A Dutch bank is looking for a very skilled Python Developer that is able to bring an existing team to a higher level.
The Global Processing Center (GPC) of ING Finance is processing every night all commercial banking transactions for accounting and reporting purposes. The applications used for this are based on Oracle technology (PL/SQL, Forms, APEX 18.1) on RHEL Servers. The Back End of one of the applications doing file and data handling needs to be migrated to Python technology. Also a lot of manual operational activities will be automated by Python Scripting.
GPC is setting up a small team to develop and maintain the code base with Python. For that standards and best practices needs to be defined. Also Continuous deployment and test automation need to be Embedded for the new code development. We expect you to guide the team in applying best practices, developing and testing the new code and using CD/CI concepts in the agile way of working.
As member of the GPC you will be working in a complex data warehouse environment, which is also migrating in the coming two years to a private cloud architecture. Security, Life Cycle Management and automation based on CD/CI are important topics. The CD/CI pipeline is based on TFS, GIT, Ansible, Artifactory.
Your responsibilities are:
- Set standards, rules and guidelines for the developers that start working with Python. Coach colleagues in Python development.
- Develop and test code based on Python, Linux Shell Scripts, Oracle PL/SQL ETL software, using version control, CD/CI principles.
- Involvement in deploying software to production and automating Ops activities.
- Keep relevant documentation and security up-to-date.
- You will be working in an agile environment.
- You have an IT related master degree. Bachelor degree possible in case of sufficient relevant expertise.
- You have extremely good communication and collaboration skills.
- Your English speaking and writing skills are top notch.
- You are eager to improve both yourself and your solutions all the time, and explore new technologies.
- You love refactoring and automation.
And relevant experience regarding the following skills:
- You have at least three years of Linux experience
- You have at least four years of Oracle experience, preferably in a data warehouse context.
- You have at least three years of full time Python development experience.
- You are familiar with test frameworks (like PyTest).
- You have extensive experience in how to design applications; ie you decompose application functions into single components, into classes when needed and into API's.
- You can change designs both in Object Oriented code, in functional code or in procedural code and you can show this to us.
- You know how to mock, and you can implement and use different mocking patterns.
- You are an experienced GIT-user. You have at least two years of experience using GIT and you know either GitHub, TFS or GitLab.
- You are aware of Docker and containerization.
- You have experience with Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Design approaches.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.