Associate - Finance Support Analyst (Settlements)
Posted on Apr 5, 2019 by Discover Financial Services
Job Title: Associate - Finance Support Analyst (Settlements)
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Benefits: 23 days annual leave, excellent contributory pension, free parking, bonus, private medical healthcare and more.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. and globally. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company operates the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers personal and student loans, online savings products, certificates of deposit and money market accounts through its Discover Bank subsidiary. Its payment businesses consist of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the US leading ATM/debit networks and one of the largest global ATM networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories.
This position is responsible for providing Financial and Operational support to our clients and business partners, on DCI's Settlement systems. This includes completing daily controls ensuring our settlement systems balance, participant configuration, maintaining current control process documentation, problem determination and resolution of imbalances and customer enquiries.
Perform the following functions for DCI Settlement and related reporting:
- Performs system balancing duties including reporting, exchange rates, file submissions, transactions, settlement handoff files, and settlement systems. Investigates discrepancies and reports them to management.
- Performs action settlement inquiries from participants. Submits disputes within required time-frames.
- Completes reconciliations including: banking setup, cashbooks, funding, general ledger adjustments, and other financial reporting requirements.
- Maintains process documentation, effective business controls, and provides continuous process improvement.
- Configures core application on boarding of new participants including: authorizations, interchanges, HQ participants, merchants, and processors. Maintains data tables on core applications.
- Cross functional knowledge of the Payment Network Industry focusing on operations (desired).
- Customer Service experience or Business related experience.
- Strong focus on providing superior customer service.
- Understanding and commitment to compliance and risk management per industry standards.
- Ability to analyse existing processes and identify ways to automate and streamline them.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels of employees and management; including managing expectations, communicating issues, risks, opportunities and communication with network participants.
- Self-motivated; demonstrated ability to work independently.
We are a company that promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
If this sounds like you please email your CV to (see below)