HR Risk and Controls Analyst
Posted on Apr 5, 2019 by Resource Solutions - M&G Prudential
Working with M&GPrudential as a Risk and Controls Analyst means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&GPrudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Risk and Controls Analyst to join our Customer Services Team in Stirling or Reading.
In this role, you will support the Customer Savings and Investments business (CS&I) from a 1stline of defence perspective in supporting the effective operation and implementation of M&G Prudential's three lines of defence risk model. You will play a key role in supporting the business in embedding a robust risk and control framework, providing risk diligence and expertise to the teams across CS&I and oversight of its outsource partners.
The role will demand that you advise and guide the Business on operational risk considerations and help form strategies which support our customers in both their current and future needs.
As part of the 1st line of defence team, you will undertake proactive risk management for the CS&I business, anticipating and assessing the potential impacts of operational and regulatory risk together with the effective operation and management of the first line of defence framework. A key focus will be pro-active identification, assessment and management of controls to assess the impact of operational and regulatory risk for changes to our customer offering. You will be expected to understand the business impact of project and change initiatives in order to develop and deliver activity to ensure adherence to internal and external requirements.
- To operate the application of first line of defence Operational Risk and Controls framework for the CS&I business by providing support on the interpretation of policy standards and their application to the customer journeys and service.
- To operate the end to end risk assessments and control testing to identify risks and assess effectiveness of controls
- To oversee the remediation of issues, communicating requirements and discussing outcomes with senior stakeholders in the business and support functions, and driving appropriate conclusions
- To advise in the design, development and deployment of Key Risk indicators, metrics and monitoring to assess and monitor the risk profile, to identify emerging issues and to support action required to ensure risk exposure remains within appetite
- To operate pro-active risk management, including root cause analysis into major issues and control failings and contribute to the design of action plans to ensure they mitigate and resolve identified issues
- To operate and drive a culture of risk and controls awareness within the local business area, including active communications, guidance and training.
- To advise and support the Business in delivery of change programmes and risk assessments from a first line of defence risk perspective and support risk related projects and initiatives.
You will have:
- Detailed knowledge of risk management practices and methodologies and their application within a Financial Services operational environment
- Detailed knowledge of industry best practice, good networks/links with individuals in the same field
- Working knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Significant experience of applying pro-active risk and control management within a Financial Services operational environment.
- Significant experience of the effective operation and management of a first line of defence risk framework
- Experience of supporting stakeholders from a first line of defence perspective
- Experience of controls design, implementation and testing
- Experience of negotiating with and influencing key stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder management to build effective working relationships
- Strong communication and influencing skills and an ability to convey complex ideas to a less technical audience
- Pro-active approach to problem solving and understanding root cause
- Strong analytical mind-set and an eye for detail
- Pro-active approach to driving continuous improvement
People who work at M&GPrudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&GPrudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Please be advised that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to share your personal data with both M&G and Prudential.