Posted on Apr 5, 2019 by Metaswitch
Metaswitch is a leading cloud-based communications company based in North London. We are hiring Senior Developers. The company was established over 35 years ago and we now have over 800 employees across the world, including the UK and US.
What do we do?
We develop software solutions that are redefining how consumers and businesses communicate. We are transforming communications networks using cutting-edge technologies.
Our Development Team architects, designs and implements complex software solutions. That means building everything from hugely scalable, geographically redundant communications network infrastructure, to cutting-edge mobile apps that look at home on the latest Android and iOS devices. We have been writing code for a long time, but we make sure to keep up-to-date with the latest languages and agile development techniques. You might find our developers writing C for lightning-fast media processing, or pushing the boundaries writing micro-services in new innovative languages like Rust.
What you will have:
- Expertise coding in C
- Great problem-solving skills
Things that would be a plus (don't worry if you don't have these though):
- Experience coding in Python
- Telecoms industry background
- Experience working with large complex codebases
What we can offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- 8% pension contributions
- Company share plan
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Private medical insurance for you and your family
- Five weeks annual leave (on top of public holidays), with the option to buy further days (or sell if you wish!)
- The chance to work with intelligent, motivated people, who encourage you to be yourself
- A great working environment with an on-site canteen, fully stocked tearooms, a short walk from the local town centre
If this sounds like the kind of thing that would interest you, please click the APPLY button! A full job description is available on request.