IT Business Analyst (NO CORP TO CORP)
Posted on Apr 5, 2019 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Beacon Hill Technologies is currently searching for an IT Business Analyst for a client located in Cleveland, Ohio.
NO CORP TO CORP
MUST INTERVIEW IN PERSON
As a Business Analyst, your essential job functions will include the following:
- Facilitates the initiation of Information Technology Projects with business sponsors.
- Documents project objectives, scope boundaries, high-level requirements, cost/benefit analysis, prioritization, project approach and proposal and if required, high level project plan.
- Leads business users in review of business requirements.
- Obtains business approval of the documented requirements.
- Works with users to develop user acceptance test objectives, test plans and test scripts in order to verify and accept that business requirements have been met.
- Performs system and user acceptance testing of system changes as agreed to by the business staff and Data Warehouse users.
- Participates in quality reviews of other Business Analysts' work; reviews technical analysis documents, technical designs, test scripts and test results to verify requirements of business and data warehouse users are understood and addressed completely, correctly and consistently.
- Participates in unit and integrated system test reviews as appropriate with Information Technology staff.
- Applies established tools and standards for tracking business requirements through the life cycle of Information Solutions Projects. Utilizes these tools and standards to verify all requirements have been addressed completely, correctly and consistently.
Business Process Analysis and Requirements
- Analyzes business functional work flow processes across the business functions and impacting company based data analytics.
- Working with the business users, identifies desired work flow process modifications and enhancements and to the data warehouse.
- Documents and models functional business area work flow processes and associated data, including both as-is current processes and to-be improved processes.
- Participates in the creation of business analysis standards and guidelines and monitors compliance.
- Documents high-level and detailed business requirements in terms of complete work flows, business rules, as well as data flows and data warehouse based reporting throughout the company.
- Communicates and collaborates on Information Technology projects with the business and with Information Technology staff to clarify business requirements, answer questions and resolve problems throughout a project; provides on-going support.
- Bachelor's degree required in appropriate business area or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years in an appropriate functional role.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge in business functions required, including the Data Warehouse.
- Basic understanding of database structures and architecture preferred.
- Facilitation and Negotiation skills.