Senior Go developer
Posted on Apr 5, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
Want to work as a senior Back End engineer with a passionate team on a Go-based microservices ad-delivery platform for one of theE-Commerce organizations in the world? If you are a good developer with affinity in Go and High Performance Services, continue reading!
The Advertising technology team is looking for a Go-developer to strengthen the team. They are building an internally used advertising engine combined with seller tools, to deliver shopping listings to their multiple platforms.
Your role in the team is to further improve the way they connect buyers with sellers, through either better tools for their sellers, or better relevance and ranking of the results towards the buyer. They do this through a technology stack comprised of multiple (micro)services written in Go, backed by MySQL/Cassandra/Kafka/Redis/Hadoop/Clickhouse. This stack is run through Docker/Nomad/Consul/Fabio on their private cloud, and they are handling dev-ops activities such as deployment (Github, Jenkins), uptime (lot's of 9s), monitoring (Prometheus, Pagerduty, Grafana) and maintenance as well.
- Up to 10K events per sec per service
- System handling up to 150k impressions/clicks events
- 115 nodes in a single search cluster with 4,294,926 documents
- Serving the biggest classifieds sites in CA, NL and BE
- Experience (or a deep interest) in Go
- Experience in a distributed, scalable, high-throughput and highly available systems
- Experience with server principles, API, Data storage/Databases and internals
- Being able to cooperate closely within your own team and with other teams
- Share release management duties during feature rollouts, and debug (production) issues
What you can expect:
- Technical and personal growth opportunities
- Office in Amsterdam, close to Amstel Station
- An agile and evolving development process, focused on efficiently delivering value
- An occasional celebration :)
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.