Junior/Medior DevOps Consultant
Posted on Apr 5, 2019 by Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Amsterdam | 48,000 - 66,000€ | Dutch language requirement
Do you want to work in a project based environment? Do you want to work with various different market leading clients? Do you want to work in an environment where you as a person can have a recognizable impact on the people around you and the projects you work on? Then this exciting opportunity I have come across might be your next step in your career!
I am currently working with a DevOps consultancy based in Amsterdam that is looking for talented DevOps professionals to join their rapidly growing team. Previous experience working at a consultancy is not necessary, but a definite bonus. The work my client offers is very versatile as you will work on various client assignments both on-site and in-house. This will allow you to utilize your broad knowledge of different programming languages and tech knowledge. You will also get an opportunity to research and use tools you have not used before to offer the best solutions for your clients.
An ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be fluent in both Dutch and English, and have a mind-set of continuously trying to find the best solution for difficult problems. Being able to communicate your solution to the clients is equally as important as being able to come up with the solution.
I would love to hear from you if you...
- If you want to work in a varying work environment doing project based work
- Want to work closely with clients on-site and in-house
- Have a consultant mind-set
- See yourself as ambitious and wish to continuously improve
You will need to have
- See yourself as a people's person and have social character
- Programming skills in multiple languages; Bash, Python, Java, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with the most common DevOps tools such as Ansible, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with cloud services: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Experience with virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with test automation tools: Cucumber, Selenium, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in automation and infrastructure provisioning
- Excellent communication skills (English and Dutch)
- Be a self-starter
- Over 5 years of experience with Java in the past 5 years
- Over 3 years of experience working with DevOps tools, mainly CI/CD
Nice to haves include
- Background as a software engineer or developer
- Previous experience working as a consultant
- Negotiation and sales skills
- Excellent remuneration package
- Great opportunities to develop yourself personally and professionally in challenging tasks
- Casual office culture with numerous social activities
- Various training opportunities
- An environment that works with a continuous learning ethos
- Freedom to choose your tools and methods
- Opportunities to speak at various conferences
I'd love to hear from you if this exciting opportunity spiked your interest. You can reach me by email or by phone.
Email: (see below)