Posted on Apr 5, 2019 by Sopra Steria Recruitment Limited
Sopra Steria Recruitment are looking for a Category Manager to join their client based in Glasgow.
The Category Managers role will be to develop and manage category management strategies for an allocated category/portfolio area of expenditure and support the delivery of operational and strategic requirements for third-party expenditure. The role will engage with and influence senior stakeholders across the organisation to achieve strong commercial strategies which are innovative, compliant with legislation/governance requirements, deliver optimum value for money for the UK taxpayers in a collaborative and timely manner.
The Category Manager will also have Commercial Business Partner responsibility for an assigned Directorate or department. You will work closely with Finance Business Partners and Commercial Services colleagues to ensure successful implementation of category management strategies and that these align with the Directorate/organisational strategy and financial budgets.
Key responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Developing and managing effective Category Management strategies
- Developing highly effective working relationships across the business
- Driving a culture of compliance and improvement
- Ensuring a strong approach is undertaken to performance tracking and reporting
- Support the Commercial Director and Commercial Services team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Significant track record of developing and implementing category management strategies in a complex and changing environment
- Good experience of strategic supplier relationship management
- Extensive stakeholder management and influencing experience at senior levels
- Significant track record of category management within a large/complex organisation preferably within a Public Sector environment
- Significant experience of delivering value for money through effective category management
- Demonstrable experience of innovative approaches to procurement
- Excellent knowledge of leading procurement category management processes and techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of IT literacy, including MS Office
- Risk identification relative to category, stakeholder and supplier management
- MCIPS accreditation or equivalent qualification/related experience
If you are a Category Manager and you are looking for a new position in Glasgow, please apply now!
Sopra Steria Recruitment is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Sopra Steria Recruitment regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.
Kite Human Capital Ltd