Mechanical Project Design Engineer Liverpool £35k
Posted on Apr 5, 2019 by Huxley Banking & Financial Services
Mechanical Project Design Engineer - Liverpool: Up to £35,000
- Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer/Project Design Engineer/Project Engineer/Product Design Engineer?
- Are you passionate about innovation & design?
- Do you want to work for one of the UK's most
If yes, you could be a great fit for this role within the Product Engineering team.
Huxley Engineering and a Global €Bn Name in Product Design & Innovation are looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Design Engineer for their Engineering & Manufacturing Site in Liverpool, to support business and product platform innovation & NPD.
Reporting to the Design Manager or Project Leader, the Mechanical Project Design Engineer would be responsible for producing concepts and detailed engineering specifications in line with project requirements, whilst coordinating supporting activities to achieve project timescales.
Responsibilities of Mechanical Project Design Engineer:
- Deliver NPI and re-engineering objectives in line with project requirements
- Generate 3D CAD Models - using Creo Elements Pro with Windchill to create, develop, store and control designs
- Generate new concepts for products and sub-components and be involved in product and process FMEA's
- Product component designs and drawings, as well as assembly drawings
- Producing and conducting design calculations, DFMEA assessments, tolerance charts, bills of material, spares lists and cost assessments
- Develop design solutions to support obsolescence and sustaining existing products using best practice engineering techniques
- Drive problem solving activities, highlighting concerns and proposing corrective action
- Lead and drive multiple project and design reviews with peers
- Implement agreed designs for release into production, including high level assemblies and component design
- Plan own workload, develop project plans and manage projects
- Generate detailed documentation, specifications and design packages including project engineering documents
Experience & Qualifications Required for Mechanical Project Design Engineer:
- Educated to HNC/HND/Degree Level in Mechanical Engineering (Or Equivalent)
- Proven experience, skills and knowledge of creating component & product specifications, BOM's, tolerance charts and managing projects
- 3D Design & Modelling experience (ideally with ProEngineer)
- Design experience of components in sheet metal, plastic, cast iron, aluminium extrusion, glass, die-cast aluminium
For the successful Mechanical Project Design Engineer, a salary up to £35,000 is on offer and this Mechanical Design Engineer role is commutable from Liverpool, Wigan, Warrington, Widnes, Runcorn, Ormskirk, Southport, St Helens and West Manchester.
To be considered for this Project Design Engineer role, please apply via the link below.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit the website.
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy