Posted on Apr 5, 2019 by Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
The successful Production Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for all process aspects of new product introduction projects from initial concept through to release to production and supporting production in off-site facilities.
You will work with the design team developing robust electro-mechanical designs that are mass production capable, on time and to budget. Often working as the only Production Engineer you will have direct product ownership on projects and will be motivated to work on an individual basis as well as part of a team.
- The production and interpretation of process maps, PFMEAs, control plans, build instructions in accordance with the appropriate company, national and international standards.
- Designing cell lay outs, process tooling and bespoke test equipment mechanics using 3D modelling packages.
- Introducing lean practices to new cells from the outset.
- Interfacing with suppliers and customers, internal and external.
- As the product manufacturing expert, you will be expected to provide technical support and guidance where required.
- HND or HNC in mechanical engineering.
- Experience working within an electro-mechanical process engineering environment (other purely mechanical process engineering environments will be considered).
- Six sigma green belt.
- Experience of a 3D modelling software package (parts, assemblies and drawings).