Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Apr 4, 2019 by Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Amsterdam | 60,000 - 65,000€
I am working with an industry leading client who runs E-commerce platforms in the Netherlands reaching hundreds of millions of unique visitors per month and with ambitions to take over the European market. The company is located in Amsterdam where you will be making sure their infrastructure runs smoothly and doing the required clean up to keep things tidy.
Your tasks will include continuous integration and continuous delivery development, developing tools and services which will allow the Dev and QA teams to self-service, automating operational tasks, and giving support to the general development cycle. Your tasks will also include building new infrastructure and migrating old infrastructure to AWS, implementing Infrastructure as Code for DTAP environments. All of this will happen in an environment that will more than double itself in size in the coming two years.
I would love to hear from you if you
- See yourself as a team player, but also as a self-starter
- You are self-motivated, responsible, and take ownership
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have experience migrating monolithic structures to the public cloud
- You are interested in the E-commerce business
You will need to have
- Minimum University level bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Minimum two years of DevOps experience or similar
- Deep knowledge of HTTP, DNS, and Web security
- Solid experience with PHP and/or Python
- Solid knowledge of Front End techs like HTML, CSS, and JS
- Experience with Linux
Nice to haves include
- Experience with high-traffic and high-availability systems design (load, database design, deployment, etc.)
- Experience with AWS
- Fluent in SQL
- Infrastructure as code (eg Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Experience with message brokers like RabbitMQ and with data streaming (Kafka)
- Experience with Apache Cordova, Rundeck, Apache Solr, Socket.IO, Selenium, Prometheus, etc.
- An excellent salary and pension plan
- Generous relocation package for those moving to the NL
- Travel expenses
- Bi-monthly hackathons
- Presentation and technology workshops
- A friendly and open multicultural team
- Tons of room for growth both personally and professionally
- Company gym program
- Friday drinks and other team activities
I'd love to hear from you if this exciting opportunity spiked your interest. You can reach me by email or by phone.
Please attach your CV and motivations why you are interested - applications sent without CVs will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Email: (see below)