Posted on Apr 4, 2019 by CloseHaven Limited
As a Kafka Architect for the Integration Service Center (ISC) you will be a part of an Application Integration team located in Älmhult & Helsingborg, you will work directly at a client site, building high performance systems using the latest frameworks, Java-based platforms running in a shared micro services environment.
Their primary areas of focus are core development, design and direction of application architecture and alignment of architecture with business objectives and high-level company technology direction. The Architect will partner with other architects and technology decision-makers to guide overall direction of the Order Management systems. He/she will work closely with Technical Leads, Application Architects, Software Developers and Management in a highly collaborative environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
- In-depth knowledge of Kafka architecture
- Excellent understanding of technology stack and design to recommend appropriate software architecture and solutions to complex business problems.
- Lead the architecture development and collaborate with delivery teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to architectural standards and best practices.
- Partner with other Architects to continue to define and capture software architecture for systems and/or components.
- Document standards and ensure they are effectively implemented by the development teams and understood by technology partners.
- Design and develop proof of concept prototypes for advanced features and designs.
- Provide technical guidance to both local and remote development teams as required.
- Should be able to translate the impact of architecture and design choices on non-functional requirements like scalability, performance, availability, and security.
- Should identify and mitigate risks on projects. Good in troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Should manage multiple competing priorities and negotiate the best possible solutions.
- Support project teams when needed by reviewing, guiding and mentoring team members.
- Drive technology, frameworks & tool choices for the delivery team.
- Continuously evaluate design and improve the software development and delivery processes with a deep focus on enterprise systems optimization techniques.
- Providing suggestions for improvement in Development or Testing practices to lead to increased performance of the application.
- Provide technical oversight and perform code reviews for multiple development efforts.
- Guide a team of developers to address the highest of the identified production concerns.
- Promote cross team synergy and alignment to optimize code-sharing, improve performance and increase speed to market.
- Discuss with Engineering Management on strategic directions/decisions.
Ideally have exposure or knowledge of:
- Incorporation of API testing tools such as Dredd, API Fortress,
- Awareness of security considerations such as OWASP guidance,
- Exposure to the use of log management tools such as Splunk, Elastic Search etc,
- Configuration of Tomcat and WebLogic.