Physical Therapist - Rehab Services
Posted on Apr 2, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Physical Therapist - Rehab Services - PRN, Day - MMC Mercy Med Center Oak - Oshkosh, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and conduct medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs in an inpatient setting. This is a PRN role (as needed).
Work Schedule: Hours will vary based on department needs. Weekend coverage as needed
- Performs initial and on - going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- Coordinates patient care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Provides education and resources to patient and/or patient's family based on clinical implications.
- Documents all assessments, plans, interventions, and evaluations including service charges.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy (RPT) credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma or Master's Degree or Doctorate in a Physical Therapy Program required
- No experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement