Posted on May 4, 2023 by Resource Solutions - GSC
Posted on May 4, 2023 by Resource Solutions - GSC
Operational Excellence (OPEX) Practitioner at MS Amlin.
Permanent position at £85,000 annual, plus excellent benefits.
Hybrid working, based in London.
MS Amlin is part of a global top-10 insurance group MS&AD, with three main legal entities' operating in the Lloyd's, UK, Continental European and Bermudian markets. We have an enviable reputation for our customer knowledge, claims service and the specialist insurance and reinsurance expertise we apply. We provide the type of security leading organisations need to break new ground, innovate and offer life-changing services and amenities to some of the world's most challenging regions. Our record extends back over 300 years and today we have more than 1800 people in more than 20 locations worldwide.
We are experts in underwriting, with both technical capability and deep knowledge of the areas we insure. Our claims service aims for equality, with efficient, fair and timely claims management.
We're going through an exciting period of modernisation and transformation for which we need entrepreneurial thinkers to help execute our strategic vision for growth. We're on a dynamic path and we need you to help shape it.
MS Amlin is committed to taking a flexible approach to working, with a Work Life Better scheme to allow our employees more control over when and where they work, while still continuing to meet our client demands. This flexible approach continues into our benefit scheme, with a competitive package and attractive lifestyle fund.
Key Responsibility and Results Areas
The role has responsibility across a number of core areas:
- Act as part of a team delivering process enhancement expertise and to drive the development of MS Amlin's process ownership and excellence culture;
- Use a range of tools and techniques covering Standardisation, Problem Solving, Performance Management, Client Intimacy, Lean Leadership & Employee Engagement to drive process improvement;
- Undertake diagnostic activity, including: Voice of the customer, current state process mapping, basic current state operating model/org structure, work-place waste observations (bottom-up), identification of automation (RPA) opportunities, capacity and demand analysis, skills assessment, performance management analysis, and data analysis to support process re-engineering initiatives;
- Project Manage deliverables to ensure accountability to the 'Customer' including the development of a project charter, project plans and reporting on status. Ensure the management of risks and issues;
- Closely manage Stakeholders, Sponsors and any project dependencies/interdependencies to ensure outcomes are aligned and effective transition to BAU ownership;
- Act as an advocate for, and technical expert/advisor of MS Amlin's Operational Excellence Framework, providing guidance across all MS Amlin's legal entities in the modelling, analysis design and management of processes. Work closely with Risk and Compliance, and ensure framework alignment to regulatory and market developments;
Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills across all levels of the organisation
Experience in working in demanding project environments - Ability to secure results while dealing with competing demands
Dealing with Ambiguity - Comfortable in fluid, ambiguous environments; Pragmatic and solutions driven
Business Awareness - Good standard of business and commercial awareness with industry knowledge and experience
Relationship Building - Ability to build and maintain strong, cohesive working relationships with senior stakeholders
Accountability/Delivery - Strong sense of prioritisation and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key projects deliverables
- Influencing and Negotiation Skills - Work collaboratively with the business to drive changes to the way we work, bringing experience and knowledge of Insurance processes
- Experience in the industry market with excellent understanding of Risk measures and internal controls standards
- Operational Excellence experience across the full range of disciplines and methodologies including Six Sigma, Lean and Business Architecture
- Relevant professional qualifications - Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Competency Framework, Business Analysis Standards etc.
The purpose of the role is to work within the central team offering consultancy expertise in Operational Excellence (OPEX), process design and controls effectiveness in support of business and regulatory change initiatives, aligned to MS Amlin's defined Operational Excellence Framework.
The role holder's responsibilities will include the initial scoping of potential project activity, clearly defining the business issues to address and the appropriate approach to take, conducting root cause analysis, process modelling, data analysis and diagnosis, process design, building a compelling case for change through designed recommendations and where required, providing oversight and implementation support.
An element of the Operational Excellence Practitioner role is to act as a consultant and advocate of the Operational Excellence team in all dealings with project team members, our colleagues from across the organisation, external suppliers and stakeholders of all levels. This includes upholding and promoting the methodologies, disciplines and standards defined within the Operational Excellence Framework.
The Operating Environment and Context of the Job
The role reports to the Operational Excellence Leader who reports to the Head of Operations within MS Amlin Corporate Services.
The role may also have a matrixed reporting line into project and programme managers as required
The Operational Excellence and Risk Management Function also has responsibility for supporting the first line in overseeing Operational Risk and Controls, and as such all team members have a role to play in assessing and understanding developing legislation and regulation and MS Amlin's response to such.
The combined skillsets within the team are complementary in supporting the functions to manage areas of operational risk and to target Operational Excellence.
Reporting to the Operational Excellence Leader, this role will work closely with;
- Operational Excellence Leader and Team members;
- The Head of Operations;
- Legal Entity Compliance and Operations Leaders;
- Internal Risk, IT and Finance;
- External Consultants engaged to provide advisory services;
- Other key roles specific to the assigned project
Alert me to jobs like this:
OPEX Practitioner in City, London, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test