Registered Nurse - Emergency Services
Posted on Mar 26, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Emergency Services - Emergency Department 001 - FT Evenings - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary's Healthcare in Amsterdam, N.Y., part of Ascension, features an award-winning acute care hospital, primary and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of physical rehabilitation services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned exceptional national rankings for excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide an exceptional patient experience.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients in the emergency services area in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Triages and prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with other disciplines to provide well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Department of Education obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's degree preferred or Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity