Applications Engineer Lead
Posted on Mar 23, 2019 by Lifetouch National School Studios Inc.
We are seeking an Application Engineer Lead to join our team of committed IT professionals. Are you passionate about problem-solving and innovation ? Apply today and join the Lifetouch family!
Lifetouch Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced , collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
- Provide hands on coding between 60-80% depending on the size of the project.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of assigned domain architecture, hardware and network infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Overall technical implementation and quality of assigned projects and technical domain.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements. Building strong relationships; collaborating and influencing others within IT and across the organization.
- Improve overall development and deployment process, including Continuous Integration and Business-Driven Development.
- Lead, refine and ensure application development processes are in alignment with the goals of Application Architecture, Quality Assurance and Change Management.
- Mentor other team members, complete software development duties, assist in technical designs, unit testing and code reviews.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience building high quality applications writing clean code and implementing common industry practices (e.g. continuous integration, unit tests).
- Ability to mentor and lead other technical team members (4-6 software engineers) without having direct supervision responsibility.
- A background successfully delivering applications using agile methods and collaborating with non-technical team members including quality assurance, business analysts, and project managers.
- Application development experience with common libraries such as Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, Spock, Gradle, and Apache Maven.
- Knowledge of creating single page applications using a framework such as Angular or ExtJS.
- Experience creating RESTful web services.
- Experience with integration such as Bamboo.
- Load and performance testing experience.
- Full stack developer is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following technologies and libraries is a plus: Spring Boot, Grails, NodeJS, and Amazon Web Services.
Education Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business Administration.
Job Type Full-time
- Computer Science: 8 years
- Java, Spring, JUnit, Log4j, Gradle: 8 years
- Application Development: 8 years