Vice President of Donor Services
Posted on Mar 23, 2019 by Lions VisionGift
Make a difference in the lives of others by helping give the gift of sight!
Lions VisionGift (LVG) is a nonprofit eye bank that obtains, evaluates and distributes eye tissue donated by caring individuals for use in cornea transplantation, research, and education. Since 1975, our organization has helped over 30,000 individuals receive sight-restoring transplants.
Please visit for more information on our organization.
Lions VisionGift currently has an opening for a Vice President of Donor Services in our Portland, OR location. This position is responsible for overseeing several departments to ensure alignment with organization goals and LVGs long range plan. This position is also responsible for collaborating with staff at all levels of the organization and with external partner agencies. This is an FLSA exempt position.
This is a great opportunity for motivated individuals with eye banking experience, or experience in a medical setting. A successful candidate will possess strong business acumen and belief in the value of donation. This position requires strong leadership skills, an excellent attention to detail, and strong problem-solving skills.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Managing direct reports, including the Donor Referral Line Manager, the Recovery Manager, and the Partner Relations Manager;
- Ensuring that partner recovery agencies have the highest level of service through meeting with key point of contact, responding to concerns, tracking success indicators, and analyzing metrics;
- Collaborate with Partner Relations to develop and maintain relationships with hospital contacts, funeral directors, hospice and Medical Examiners;
- Align department goals and strategies to the companys long term plan;
- Promote Lions VisionGifts core values;
- Additional duties as assigned.
In addition to salary, Lions VisionGift offers a generous benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision employee premiums paid in full;
- Employer-funded HRA;
- $20,000 employer-paid life insurance policy;
- Employer-paid short-term disability;
- Voluntary benefits;
- And more!
A successful candidate will have:
- Three years experience in eye or tissue banking or in a healthcare setting.
- A Bachelors' degree in a healthcare or scientific field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for a degree;
- Managerial experience is required;
- Experience working in an FDA or similarly regulated environment is preferred;
- Experience in developing staff and culture;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office software.