Posted on Mar 23, 2019 by Harvey Nash Group
We automate almost all of our work and that automation code is either C#, Golang, PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform and Packer and Helm. We ensure that the eShopWorld platform is highly available and service level objectives are achieved.
- Be a key part of a team building cloud platform tools and solutions for a leading Irish eCommerce company
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to define strategy and technical platform roadmap
- Partner with development teams to prepare and push of deliverables through lower environments into production
- Evaluate new tools and technologies based on current and future feature requirements, performance, cost effectiveness, and reliability
- Work closely with development teams to understand requirements and applies industry knowledge to recommend build/buy solutions
- Review existing solutions with a fresh perspective to suggest improvements and optimisations
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Excellent knowledge of C# and Scripting tools like Powershell
- Knowledge of continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous delivery tooling
- You should be familiar with Cloud - Google Cloud Platform or Azure is a plus
- Knowledge of PAAS based solutions such as Cosmos Db, Service Fabric etc. is a plus
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes an advantage
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of monitoring, dashboards and alerting systems (App insights, New Relic, Prometheus, Data dog, Pager Duty etc)
- You should want to work in a fast-paced eCommerce business
- Excellent operational organisation skills
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- High level of initiative and desire to get things done
- Willingness to introduce change and challenge existing processes and procedures
A bit about us:
eShopWorld provides a global checkout for many of the world's leading retail brands. We have seen phenomenal growth in the last 3 years as we have been selected by a number of large US-based online retailers to support their international expansion plans.
We are passionate about what we do here: we won 1st place in the 2017 Deloitte Ireland Technology Fast 50 for the third year in a row and were recently selected as Technology Ireland's Company of the Year at the 2017 Software Industry Awards, and Technology Exporter of the Year at the 2017 Export Industry Awards. It's clear this really is the place to be!