Software Engineer - Build and Release
Posted on Mar 21, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Software Engineer, Build and Release
Looking for a Build and Release Software Engineer. Must be strong in Build and Release, Unix, Linux, Git. Prefer candidate that has strong python but will look at C++, Java with some python. You will be working with build and release automation scripts, continuous integration Jenkins, Bamboo
This hands-on and highly technical role will focus on managing the software build process, providing oversight for build/test environments, developing and supporting testing tools and status dashboards, influencing and shaping our continuous integration process, and ensuring our weekly release process is successful.
The responsibility of the Build and Release Engineer will include oversight of the build process through automated scripts and source code management tools. Responsibilities will extend to the configuration and maintenance of test tools and environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field.
- Experience with Unix/Linux hardware/software engineering environments and applicable Unix/Shell Scripting.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git (preferred), Subversion, or other version control tools.
- Python development or Scripting experience or a working knowledge of another dynamic Scripting language and a willingness to learn Python.
- Understanding of database platforms such as: PostgreSQL (preferred), MySQL, or Oracle.A working knowledge of SQL is necessary.
- Knowledge of and experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven, or CMake.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment and with tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Ability to create and maintain scripts to support testing and build activities.
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration.
- The successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills, an exacting attention to detail, and an ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively within a cross functional team environment.