Posted on Mar 20, 2019 by Sopra Steria Recruitment Limited
6 months fixed Term
MUST HAVE RESOURCELINK
- To work as part of a team to deliver accurate and timely payments to staff for UK and ROI employees.
- Prepare, input and process pay data whilst adhering to statutory and contractual guidelines, maintaining the confidentiality of employee data at all times
- Process all transactions within published turnaround times ensuring accuracy of all data entered
- To deliver a high level of customer service to all business areas demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals in a diverse organisation
- Responsibility for the preparation, input and processing of payroll data in accordance with statutory and contractual obligations and to pre-defined timescales
- Open and distribute post
- Respond to all internal or external pay queries from emails, form builders in a timely manner
- Process all types of Family leave payments and understand the Statutory legislation
- Review monthly Long Term Sick report and amend colleague records where necessary.
- Process statutory forms including P45's, starter declarations, court orders, SSP1's etc.
- Calculating and correcting overpayments to colleagues pay
- Accountability for evaluating exception reports produced from payroll processing and adjust the payroll system accordingly
- Distribution of payslips and P45's to relevant sites or home addresses
- Process Ad hoc payments, BACS recalls and rejects, ensuring correct reconciliation on all systems
- Review Back Pay report against input received
- Accurate calculation of manual gross to net figures
- Follow up with functional representatives as necessary to ensure resolution of problems involving incomplete, inaccurate or non-compliant documentation
- Basic understanding of various sets of service conditions and their application
- Responsibility for routine administrative/clerical duties relating to specific work allocation including filing and logging post
- Assist with testing for various payroll related projects and system regression
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 18 months computerised payroll experience using Resourcelink.
- Working knowledge of statutory legislation
- Good standard of numeracy/literacy - GCSE level
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications including Office 365, Excel, word and Outlook skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills
COMPLEXITY AND CREATIVITY
- Day to day accurate implementation of payroll documentation
- Ability to identify problems and subject to their complexity, resolve them.
- Inaccuracy and wrong judgement would result in under/overpayments.
- Able to provide clear technical guidance instruction to non-technical personnel
- Ability to maintain high accuracy and work quality standards
Sopra Steria Recruitment is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Sopra Steria Recruitment regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.