New Construction Senior Project Manager
Posted on Mar 20, 2019 by TDIndustries Inc
Type: Regular Full-Time
Provides overall management direction for a project or group of projects. Normally manages projects of a larger scope and value. Leads or coordinates construction projects such as developing a new facility; the addition, expansion or extension of an existing facility; or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time. Works to develop new business clients and provides oversight on the day-to-day activities of assigned projects. Mentors assistant project managers and members of the project team. Generally assigned to a Business Unit with a specific product line. Type of work assigned is ually complex and of a specific range of dollar magnitude. Works independently following general functional guidelines and performs ancillary duties as required.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Ensures safety rules, policies, awareness and practices are followed, documented and corrective measures are implemented. Maintain safety as the number 1 priority at all times.
- Must complete all safety observations and ensures all team members comply also.
- Help identify and develop policies and procedures for continous aggressive improvement.
- Identifies, maximizes and communicates all prefabrication opportunities.
- Stays on top of all scope changes to ensure they are processed and incorporated into the current scope of work in a timely manner.
- Communicates all project issues to the appropriate level of management in a timly manner.
- Responsible for quality projects being built on time and within budget.
- Establishes and executes subcontracts and equipment buy-outs to support schedules and budgets.
- Represents the company through active participation in industry organizations.
- Participates in selling and negotiating contracts.
- Documents planning meeting results and ensures all action items are completed. Develops and keeps current all project schedules.
- Ensure scope changes are processed and incorporated into the current scope of work in a timely manner.
- Provides material takeoff, estimate and pricing for changes to work scope. Establishes and executes subcontracts and equipment buy-outs to support schedules and budgets. Participates in selling and negotiating contracts.
- Reviews various reports to determine project status and determine actions required.
- Provides periodic status and end of contract cost and budget analysis.
- Conducts and attends job meetings according to customer and company guidelines and schedules. Conducts pre-job and continuing planning meetings (MISOP Process) to ensure all project team members understand contract terms and conditions, clauses, schedules or any unusual requirements of the project.
- Assembles an estimates projects. Reviews the final estimate and ensures the proper loading of those numbers into the project cost system.
- Communicates all project issues to the appropriate level of management in a timely manner.
- Ensures all schedules mesh with the master project schedule and resolves conflicts when they occur.
- Prepares and submits monthly contract billings to ensure proper cash flow during contract performance. Protects the company's interest by managing all financial aspects of the contract. Completes project closeout/inactivation within prescribed period including the final project billing to obtain full funding.
- Manages conflict resolution with customers, vendors, trades or Partners. Leads and manages other project managers.
- Provides leadership, shares technical expertise and experience to other Partners.
- Assembles estimates for projects. Visits job sites or onsite offices, performs work inspections, checks job progress, and resolves project and contract issues.
Minimum 7+ years in a mechanical contracting business, working as a project manager.
Bachelor's degree in Construction Sciences, Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering degree is preferred.
A strong understanding of commerical mechanical and plumbing systems is required.
Able to interpet contracts, plans, specifications, schematic diagrams and isometric drawings.
Must have supervisory experience.
Negotiating experience in construction change orders and project presentations.
Proficient at both technical and business letter writing.
Proficient in using Microsoft office suite, with proficient skill at the intermediate level in Excel.
Experience in successfully leading projects and programs, on-schedule and within budget.
Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross functional environment.
Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities.
Good written and oral communication skills and polished presentation skills.