Posted on Mar 20, 2019 by UCHealth
Facility: Greeley Hospital,
Department: GH Operating Room ()
* PRN (FTE must be 0)
Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Greeley is true Colorado living. Nature lover? The 21-mile Poudre River Trail has your name on it and an hour and a half drive to Rocky Mountain National Park beckons. Craft beer fanatic? Even if you aren't, you can become one in Greeley, which boasts 5 craft breweries. Culture enthusiast? Greeley's sprawling live entertainment scene is for you - check out the nearly nightly shows at the Moxi theater. The town is peppered with the eclectic restaurants and coffee shops that are college-town staples, thanks to the presence of The University of Northern Colorado. Events like Neighborhood Nights, the Festival of Trees, and Greeley Bikes all contribute to Greeley's robust community.
* Prepares surgical operating suite with drapes, solutions, instruments, equipment and supplies.
* Ensures good working order of equipment and instruments.
* Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients. Passes instruments to physician during surgery.
* Continually accounts for number and location of instruments and supplies during surgery. Receives and processes specimens for delivery to the laboratory
* High school diploma or GED
* Surgical Technologist program
* State Surgical Assistant or Surgical Technologist Registration
* State licensure if required by law
* Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) preferred
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.