Quantitative Risk Analyst I - Mid Level (Financial Risk Management)
Posted on Mar 20, 2019 by USAA
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business un exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Utilizes industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- May engage in model validation and/or produce model validation reports.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change using developed knowledge.
- May translate recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Produces advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Communicates analytical results, findings and solutions to governance committees and business process owners and influences business analysis.
- May create statistical reporting and financial analysis to forecast results for required stress test scenarios.
- Analyzes and challenges stress testing results and partners with relevant functions to validate those results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 4+ years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline; OR an advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 2+ years of work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management; OR a PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 3+ years banking experience (Industry-related analytical experience in interest rate risk/capital/ liquidity management, profitability analysis, product pricing, corporate finance OR other relevant disciplines)
- Working knowledge in financial regulatory requirements and OCC specific rules/guidance (i.e. Investments, IRR, Liquidity, Capital, Heightened Standards)
- Experience managing retail banking products asset/liability profiles
- Demonstrated experience in aggregating and analyzing various types of data with output to risk reporting
- Strong working knowledge of statistical tools (Essbase, Hyperion, or SAS)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 03/03/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.