Posted on Mar 20, 2019 by Experis IT
Project Manager - APMP, PRINCE 2, procurement, tenders, maritime. Permanent consultancy, Portsmouth, £60k-£70k.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team of consultants at Experis. Working on-site with one of our clients you will be responsible for Project Managing on-going activity at Portsdown Technology Park which may include equipment installations at the Shore Integration Facility and/or research programmes to agreed time, cost and quality criteria.
You will need to be energetic, flexible and a good communicator. You will be required to manage pre-contract aspects of the Framework which will involve liaison with the customer for early Statements of Requirements (SORs), creating and issuing Invitation to Tender (ITT) Packs, managing the contracting processes and supervising sub-contractors through the delivery stages. You will be responsible for the maintenance of the Monthly review packs and Programme Trackers. You will be facilitating and attending Monthly Reviews, Task Start-Up and Close-Down meetings and Customer Monthly Progress Reviews. You will also be required to support the development and maintenance of the PMRF Community of Interest (COI) and support the delivery of quarterly COI conferences. This role will also include general Project Management administration activities including Project planning, forecasting and reporting.
You may also be required to manage other projects, where you will be managing a multi-disciplined team of highly specialised engineers across various locations developing, integration and gaining acceptance of complex development projects in the Maritime domain. The projects may range from 'in-house' development through to procurement of solutions.
- Meeting contractual obligations
- Achieving excellent customer satisfaction
- Delivery of project to time, cost and quality
- Problem solving
- Production of open, accurate and timely financial and workload forecasts to support planning within the business
- Build relationships to enable successful engagement with a broad range of stakeholders (external and internal)
- Management of subcontracts
- Application of appropriate project governance in-line with Operating Framework
- Development and maintenance of key project documents including Project Management Plan, Risk Register and Project Reporting Pack and Trackers
- Promotion of best practice within your projects and ensure that previous lessons learnt are adopted and new lessons identified for future benefit
- In conjunction with your Programme Manager develop any appropriate follow on work including proposal writing
- Project Management qualification APMP, PRINCE 2
- Proven ability to decompose complex issues, to an appropriate level of detail, in a methodical manner
- Proven ability to identify, mitigate risks and resolve issues before impact to maintain project timescales and cost
- Experience of procurement and tendering processes (eg the production of specifications, definition of supplier selection criteria and contracting) and management of suppliers under contract
- Experience of systems and software engineering disciplines and their life cycle in the defence domain
- Drive and determination to achieve successful project delivery overcoming problems and issues as they arise and preferably beforehand
- Track record of successful delivery of development, build and system integration of projects
- Pragmatic and reasonable
- Good problem solving abilities
- Open, honest and enthusiastic team member
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to exercise good commercial judgement
- An understanding of budgeting and resource allocation
- Work to very tight timescales in a fast-paced and unrelenting Programme
. An understanding of the wider Defence and Security context
. Knowledge of Maritime Research domain
- Location: Portsmouth
- Duration: permanent (consultancy basis)
- Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
- 22 days Holiday per annum
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assisted Programme
- Corporate gym membership
- Childcare vouchers (Tax & NI free)
Please apply by submitting your CV.