Posted on Mar 19, 2019 by Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Manufacturing | Production | Manager | Special Purpose Machinery
Manufacturing Manager | Oxford | £50,000 DOE
A key client of mine is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced production supervisor/manager who is about to take the next step in an already successful career.
- Lead and direct the manufacturing team and set and implement improvement targets
- Set production priorities in line with business targets and ensure resources are appropriately allocated and controlled
- Monitor and report on the flow of work through production areas and take appropriate action to ensure that quality, delivery and cost objectives are met
- Manage the recruitment, training and development of the manufacturing team
- Manage the development of production processes and supporting documentation by coordinating the activities of the Manufacturing Engineer
- Manage and control of Health & Safety within the manufacturing areas, including responsibility for assessing and mitigating risk
- Make technical decisions affecting the assembly, modification and testing of products in accordance with the Quality Manual, technical specifications, drawings and work instructions
- Coordinate the shipment of products, including liaison with customers, packers and shippers and ensure that appropriate documentation is available when required
- In conjunction with Project Managers ensure effective installation, commissioning and support of products at customer facilities.
- Including allocation of appropriate resource, ensuring appropriate travel arrangements are made and where necessary liaising with customers.
- Participate in design and post-project reviews, and lead on improvement projects and problem solving activities within manufacturing
- Manage departmental expenditure in line with allocated budgets
- Manage customer service issues and determine what action should be taken to ensure that customer expectations are satisfied in a timely and cost effective way
- Significant prior management or supervisory experience in an engineering business
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, drawings, work procedures, user documentation, etc.
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 discipline
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good personal, project and time management skills
- Structured, methodical and well organised approach
- Effective influencing and motivating skills
- Experience of working closely with all business functions (eg engineering, sales, operations, customer service, finance)
- Experience in the manufacture, test and installation of precision assemblies
- Experience of UHV processes and/or clean assembly
- General awareness of a wide variety of engineering materials, properties, processes and applications
- BEng/BSc in a related Engineering discipline
- Higher degree in Engineering/Management/Science
- Training or formal qualification in Health and Safety
- Training or formal qualification in Quality Management