Posted on Mar 18, 2019 by PF1Professional Services, Inc.
Please note that the company prefers to do a 6-month contract to Permanent position, but will consider doing a Direct Hire position as well.
The company is rooted in the opportunities enabled by new optical measurement technologies, active in nearly every market, industry and aspect of life.
Company seeks to be at the forefront of solving challenges for the quality of life for all. It is the possibility of modular spectroscopy overcoming these challenges that fuels our passion - a passion that finds its way into everything we do. they need problem solvers - keen scientific and engineering minds who can help to troubleshoot problems and ensure that the solutions work successfully, because that's how company grows their sales. How can you help to change the world for the better?
Company has an opening for the position of Project Manager reporting to the Vice President of Product Development and Engineering, based in Winter Park, Florida.
The Project Manager serves as an overall facilitator for New Product Development. In conjunction with the engineering team, the Project Manager plans and coordinates all activities relating to design, product engineering, testing, quality assurance engineering, tooling, purchasing and manufacturing engineering. The main job responsibilities include coordinating timelines, managing project interfaces and ensuring that projects are completed on time and on budget. For OEM projects, managing specifications and customer relationships to deliver the product on time, on budget, and with uncompromising quality.
- Define, plan, and manage project milestone activities.
- Coordinate a product development design or project team consisting of multiple engineering disciplines (electrical/firmware, mechanical/optics, software, testing, quality, and manufacturing engineering).
- Work with product management/marketing and engineering team members to develop agreed-upon specifications.
- Manage and coordinate activities across the enterprise to meet product development or project requirements.
- Work with leadership to set priorities and direction for assigned projects or programs to allow for available resources.
- Act as the technical customer interface on OEM programs. Establish and build effective customer interfaces.
- Generate/facilitate documentation per engineering procedures.
- Adhere to quality and safety practices and maintain and develop quality and safety standards.
- Lead the program teams to deliver on engineering/cost/quality goals and timing.
- Manage program budgets, including responsibility for monitoring profitability metrics.
- Develop and use program timing plans to match internal and external customer requirements.
- Control, track and report program status throughout the program life.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Obtain program financial appropriation & capital funding releases, support capital forecast updates, coordinate business case updates.
- Lead project reviews and weekly tech reviews with the project team.
- Maintain program open issues log.
- Provide monthly program metrics and status including support data and problem resolution.
- Help develop processes and procedures to improve efficiency and maximize effectiveness of the team.
- Communicate the purpose and results of all significant customer meetings/visits etc.
- Work with sales and product management to identify new ideas/business development opportunities within the customer.
- Maximize the value to the enterprise for each customer program, ensuring the commercial business case is strong throughout the new product development process.
Support New Business Opportunities:
- Build relationships with key customer engineering contacts to ensure strong customer support and high customer satisfaction.
- Obtain and communicate information on customer technical needs to internal team.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical field.
- 5+ years of project/program management experience, including launching product in a commercial/OEM environment.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written. Comfortable to be an advocate for the customer and for the company. Familiarity with different NPD process a big plus (particularly lean, agile processes).
- Experience with optical-mechanical/electrical products a plus. Working knowledge of electronics, sensors or electromechanical parts.
- Understanding of machining, SMT, and opto-electronic assembly a plus.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of the product and support top level discussions with the Customer.
- APQP, DFMEA/PFMEA knowledge or experience a plus.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to take a product through development and on to production.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated skill in Microsoft Project, Office and Powerpoint.
- Attention to accuracy and detail a must.
- Ability to hold Team meetings and create/maintain Action items.
- Ability to travel to customer facilities and other company facilities, including some international travel (10% typical).
- Ability to resolve conflict and direct the Team toward a common goal of meeting Customer milestones and project timing.
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple cultures.
- Ability to understand and monitor project costs.
- Experience in estimating budget, cost, and materials on complex projects for both capital-funded projects and OEM proposals.
- Ability to provide direction to the various disciplines and prioritize the Team's focus is a must.
- PMI Certification a plus.