Posted on Apr 14, 2023 by Capgemini
Posted on Apr 14, 2023 by Capgemini
The job on offer
Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) UK has the largest Projects & Consulting (P&C) practice in CIS globally - covering all the CIS portfolio. We work on a range of exciting projects for many different clients across all sectors. The role of the Network Engineer operates within the Edge capability, focusing on architecting, designing, building, migrating, and testing modern network services and solutions.Your role
- Undertaking a range of network equipment installations and configuration activities for complex or high business impact solutions.
- Performing infrastructure surveys, for both wired and wireless.
- Get involved in office moves, adds, changes
- Perform technical refresh of network hardware and cabling.
- Configuring core infrastructure components eg Switches, Routers, Firewalls, load balancers, voice systems etc.
- Performing impact assessments on large or complex networks.
- Significant experience in configuring Network systems, switching, routing, Firewalling, load balancing, and voice.
- Demonstrable knowledge of networks including network security, virtual private networking (VPN) converged networks, and broadband technologies.
- Will have the ability to install, configure and troubleshoot LAN/WAN/Voice network infrastructures for enterprise organizations.
- Understand racking, cabling, and containment systems and standards.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in one or more areas
- Accustomed to working in an environment associated with frequent change, urgency, and versatility
- Will typically be qualified to Cisco CCNA level or vendor equivalent accreditations
Why Capgemini is unique
At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. We embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained 'Mental Health Champions' across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
Get the Future You Want:
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Get the Future You Want
Looking forward to connecting with you.
Alert me to jobs like this:
Network Architect in Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test