Posted on Apr 14, 2023 by Capgemini
Security Analyst (Corsham)
Posted on Apr 14, 2023 by Capgemini
The job on offer
This is a critical role covering the Cyber Security of the MODs digital estate. Incumbents will be required to carry out Incident Response to analyse and manage cyber security events in defence of the MOD core network. They will be responsible for ensuring MOD networks and systems are maintained and monitored from a security perspective.
* Provide 24/7 capability to manage through the event/incident life cycle (triage, assess, initiate, manage, progress and resolve) activities in response to the following types of security incident:
* Responsible for daily operational threat detection and initial analysis of information security events on the SIEM console.
* Operating on both the 'Official Sensitive' & 'Secret' tiers, triage, analyse, and manage cyber security events in defence of the MOD core network and future cloud environments.
* Provide analytic feedback into the Detection Engineering team to enable continual development and improvement of customer analytics.
* Notify designated managers, cyber incident responders, and cybersecurity service provider team members of suspected cyber incidents and articulate the event's history, status, and potential impact for further action in accordance with the organization's cyber incident response plan.
* Identify and report any identified trend or TTP from incidents to influence Detection Engineering and Threat Intelligence.
* Degree level/SANS or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of Cloud environments and Security Operating Centre (SOC) environments
* Wide breath of operational CIS and security experience required.
* Must have the technical capability to understand, manage and advise how to deal with technically complex cyber events and incidents.
* Must be able to translate technically complex situations into operational impacts to be briefed from OR4-OF4. Must be able to influence senior stakeholders early in a project's life cycle
* Some knowledge of ITSM tooling - eg Remedy, ServiceNow, HPSM9
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. We embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained 'Mental Health Champions' across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.About Capgemini
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Alert me to jobs like this:
Security Analyst (Corsham) in Bath, Somerset, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test