Technical Author - Junior
Posted on Mar 16, 2019 by Edissero Ltd
Junior Technical Author
This is an excellent opportunity to join the documentation team of a highly successful, award-winning software company. Previous experience as a technical author is not essential, but the ability and enthusiasm to document complex technical subjects are. Applications are welcome from technical authors or those with a technical background (eg developer, software tester) who are looking for their first technical writing role.
With the help of a supportive and knowledgeable senior technical author, you'll create and maintain a range of technical documentation for developers, system administrators and end users. You will have the chance to really get involved in all aspects of creating the documentation and will be using your research and collaborative skills to gather information about new product features from the product owners and developers. This role gives you the opportunity to work with exciting new documentation techniques including Docs-as-Code toolchains such as AsciiDoc (Asciidoctor), Git, Jekyll, Jenkins, and Artifactory.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- At least one year's experience working as a technical author OR experience working in a role where technical writing was one of your responsibilities.
- Experience working with software developer audiences.
- The ability to communicate complex technical ideas simply, clearly, and concisely.
- A strong academic background, ideally with a science, engineering or computer related degree
- A desire to work with a Docs-as-Code toolchain (primary tools: a code editor, Asciidoctor, and Git).
- The ability and enthusiasm to learn new cutting-edge technology and documentation.
- A desire to be a part of a modern, exciting approach to technical authoring.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills, with an attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with an interest in technology, who enjoys research, writing, and collaborating with others, to learn and get involved in all aspects of technical writing. Additionally, this role offers plenty of training and the chance to progress in your technical authoring career.
You will be joining a sociable team that takes part in a number of activities outside of work, including rock climbing and board games. Beers are on offer every Friday in the office, and they even has a ping pong table! This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to immerse themselves in a varied and dynamic work culture.