Senior Backend Developer - JAVA
Posted on Mar 16, 2019 by Armour Communications Limited
Who we are?
Armour Communications Limited creates market leading secure communications solutions for voice, video, messaging and data on smart devices, windows 10 desktops and integrates with landlines. Armour's product offerings include FIPS, NATO and CPA approved solutions to OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE, with additional security layers to mitigate threats up to SECRET. Supplying government, large enterprises and finance markets around the world, with an easy to use, intuitive app, available in app stores and a highly scalable cloud-based service or an on-premises solution providing customers with complete control and privacy of their communications.
What will you be doing?
We have several product lines of mobile communications systems for Android, iOS and Windows. We are looking to expand our development team to work on Java Server Infrastructure which forms the critical backbone of our secure comms systems.
We are looking for enthusiastic newcomers to join our highly focused team working on all aspects of our work, from interpreting customer requirements to understanding system-level architectures. You will take a key role in the continuing worldwide roll-out of our product ranges, bringing your existing experience in server-side coding, networking, standards-based voice and video over IP, security and databases.
- Must be capable of obtaining UK security clearance (e.g. UK resident for at least past 5 years)
- Commercial experience of Java server-side development.
- Restful APIs (including Authorisation/Authentication), Databases (Postgres/SQL).
- Experience of Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls) technologies.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices (e.g. commit-signing)
- Proactive and results-orientated, owning tasks and meeting exacting deadlines.
- Ability to follow process and clearly document tasks.
Nice to have skills/experience
- Experience with GIT, JIRA and Agile/Scrum-like development approaches.
- Familiarity with Restful frameworks (e.g. DropWizard), Build Systems (e.g. Gradle), Databases (e.g. Postgres/SQL, Redis), object storage (e.g. S3 and similar), Protobuf, Docker, Web Sockets, VoIP technology (e.g. WebRTC, STUN/TURN).
- Understanding of general security, authentication and cryptographic principles.
What do we offer you?
- A dynamic, and supportive work environment where we develop all our software applications in-house in a highly focused team.
- Opportunities to get involved in every aspect of our internal and external projects.
- Potential for company share options.
- Bonus scheme based on company performance.
- 25 days holiday.
- 3% Pension.
- Company laptop.
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits!
To apply for this position, please click the APPLY button!