Field Service Engineer
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by Octagon Professionals
Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Field Service Engineer looking for the next step in your career? Are you willing to join the Amsterdam branch of a globally esteemed fast growing company and be able to contribute to the expansion of their client base in the EU.
Our client, a Japanese electronic device manufacturer in the area of industrial computers, networks, measurement and control is looking for a Field Service Engineer to work both from the local office and on-site with distributors and clients throughout Europe. The ideal candidate would have background in Industrial IoT, Industrial PCs, Industrial I/O Cards for Data Acquisition & Control and M2M Devices. The role offers international work environment, enthusiastic team and excellent opportunity to contribute to the development of new market segments.
- Resolving technical issues and providing technical support;
- Installing new systems;
- Conducting trainings, e.g. hands-on trainings and seminars;
- Developing and delivering product demonstrations at trade shows;
- Conducting system diagnosis;
- Performing system modifications and upgrades;
- Generating sales leads, cross-selling;
- Providing input into acquisition process;
- Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Applied Sciences, BSc Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation, or Mechanical Engineering (or similar degree);
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a field sales engineer;
- A proven track record of commercial success in a similar position;
- You are a flexible, analytical, and customer & service oriented person;
- 2 or more years' experience in a sales position;
- You are willing to travel (50-60%);
- You are fluent in English and preferably German;
- Familiarity with the Japanese business culture is a plus;
- Experience in intercultural communication;
Technical knowledge :
- PC Peripheral Devices: USB, CF, Display, LAN, COM, SATA, Bluetooth, IEEE1394, CameraLink, SCSI etc.
- PC Components: CPU, memory, HDD, SSD, M/B, Power unit, Chassis, Extension Slot etc.
- PC OS: including Windows, Linux etc. (RTOS preferred)
- PC networks: RS232C, RS485, RS422, Ethernet, FieldBus, Wi-Fi, Access Point
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.