Registered Nurse - Oncology Patient Navigator
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Oncology Patient Navigator - Oncology Patient Navigator 001 - PT Days - Health Park - Grand Blanc, MI
Mon-Friday, 3 days a week, schedule will vary based upon needs of department. Occasional weekend, no Holidays.
Why Join Ascension?
As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to serve as a patient navigator throughout the continuum of care.
- Functions as a liaison for management staff, administration, physicians, managed care companies, community organizations, and other customers.
- Coordinates efforts for treatment and promotes quality improvement and educational efforts.
- Compiles data, tracks outcomes, and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Provides referrals/support for follow-up care for patients who are uninsured or underinsured.
- Responsible for ongoing program evaluation and quality improvement, including but not limited to recruiting, interviewing, training and supervising of program volunteers of the American Cancer Society; develops and maintains relationships with hospital staff, American Cancer Society staff, oncology physicians, hospital departments, referring physicians and community based support services providers; contributes to the maintenance of the American Cancer Society Community Connection Resource database
- Communicates regularly with the American Cancer Society account representative and participates as a member of the ACS regional team as appropriate; acts as a representative of the American Cancer Society within the community by participating in public speaking and other related activities, especially within the host community; responsible for assigned tumor boards meeting preparation, agendas, prospective cases, communication with physicians and medical director, generating results for physician and patient follow up; maintains records as required by the ACOS CoC; assists with navigation of other cancer patients as directed
- Provides education to improve knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding cancer; identify individuals for cancer services and advocate for services to fill service gaps; remove structural and cultural barriers to services, assuring that what is available can be accessed; assure that individuals are enrolled in insurance, free and low-cost programs for which they are eligible so that cost is not a barrier; establish culturally competent services and staff at facilities and programs utilized by the community; assure sustainability, quality, cultural appropriateness, responsiveness of the cancer services to and for target population of focus.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification; it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for people so classified, and it is not intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification preferred - must be willing to obtain within 24 months.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Requires a Bachelor's level degree in Nursing, Master's degree preferred or a combination of sufficient life/work experience.
- One to three years of experience required.
- Oncology experienced, navigation experience preferred,
Equal Employment Opportunity