Posted on Mar 14, 2019 by Resource One International LLC
Resource One International is a paper converting company located in Little Chute, WI.
We are hiring a full time Material Handler with roll clamp experience for our 12-hour Night Shift (6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.) on a 2-2-3 schedule; this position will be off every other weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).
Material Handler Job Overview:
This position pull and stages raw materials for production usage according to work order requirements and then returns excess materials to proper storage locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read work orders and pick sheets for required materials.
- Examine work orders for accuracy.
- Review production schedule to determine priority of work orders to pull and stage.
- Pull the correct paper rolls and packaging materials for work orders and stage materials at the production lines.
- Lay rolls down to cutting position when production starts work orders.
- Monitor the materials in staging areas to determine the daily pulling priority for each production line.
- Remove waste products from production lines and paper balers.
- Return paper rolls and packaging materials from production lines to the correct inventory locations.
- Ensure proper labeling, controls and storage of inventory materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Material Handler Qualifications:
- 1 year light manufacturing experience, preferred.
- Prior experience using industrial vehicles: roll clamps and forklifts.
Material Handler Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA):
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Proficient knowledge in the use of industrial vehicles: roll clamp and forklift.
- Good communication, decision-making and prioritizing skills taking into account the job responsibilities and the needs of the production lines.
- Ability to work independently, keep self-motivated and work in a team environment when necessary.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize as needed.
- Ability to use various tools and equipment including powered and non-powered hand jacks, and basic tools.
- Ability to work the assigned shift and cover vacations as needed.
Material Handler Physical Requirements:
Ability to perform the following activities:
- Lifting up to 55 pounds.
- Getting on and off lift trucks, frequently.
- Moving pallets with hand or powered jack.
- Standing, walking and bending.
- Reaching and grabbing with hands.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I have read the above position description and understand the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Orientation and part of the training for this position will take place on Day shift, between 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (approximately 1-2 weeks of training on Days after the 4 hour orientation).
- Then continue training on the opposite Night schedule, (Shift D) before moving to the regular Night schedule (Shift B).