Job Title: Technical Solar PV Asset Manager
Reporting To: Operations Director / Senior Asset Manager
Direct Reports: Senior Asset manager
Purpose of Job
• Asset Manage Syzygy's operational sites ensuring smooth running, optimizing performance, and minimizing downtime. Site assets are predominantly commercial solar PV, and Electric Vehicle (EV).
• Identification and interpretation of system faults.
• Managing planned and reactive maintenance (internal engineers and contractors).
• Performance and financial reporting.
• Identification and interpretation of system faults via monitoring portals.
• Organise/manage planned and reactive maintenance:
o Reacting to scheduled works dates.
o Assess labour-materials requirements, source pricing, liaising with suppliers and contractors.
o Producing quotations, persuading/justifying maintenance required with client/decision makers, chasing quotation approvals.
o Liaising with site, instructing engineer/contractor to produce RAMS, reviewing RAMS, seeking approval, scheduling works.
o Arranging access, ordering materials, scheduling deliveries/collections.
o Informing engineer/contractor of known issues to investigate.
o Provide remote technical support to electrical engineers on site.
o Over-coming on-site issues, liaising with remote technical support.
o Ensure all sites are serviced and cleaned to schedule.
• Maintain existing records and reporting tools, assist in developing.
• Collect and regularly update reporting data.
• Report to clients on Assets' technical and financial performance.
• Attend client meetings, discussing their assets.
• Responding to client queries.
• Develop strong working relationships with suppliers, contractors and key stakeholders.
• Liaising with DNO on high voltage issues, requesting permissions to adjust inverter configurations.
• Monitor and review existing business processes and suggest ways of refining processes to make more them more efficient.
• Use and share your in-depth knowledge and experience to consult and either solely work or assist the company in various activities to support project or process requirements of Business Development, Project and Asset Management teams.
• Support BD team in achieving objectives to build up Asset management business.
Qualifications and/or Experience
• Must have at least either a Bachelors, Masters or PhD level degree in a relevant subject such as Electrical engineering / Renewable Technologies / A physical Science / Engineering / Construction / (or similar related field). Electrical qualifications desirable.
• Other qualifications in business development, project management, construction management, property management, engineering, IT, or mathematics qualifications would be a seen as beneficial.
• Must have at least 3-5 years' experience working preferably at a minimum technical/project management level - specialising ideally in the physical and electrical design, installation and management of commercial or utility Solar Photovoltaics systems, ideally within the United Kingdom, with a strong understanding of the British renewables sector.
• An understanding of typical issues with PV systems, and how to practically fix them is highly desirable.
• Must be a strong communicator able to liaise with cleints/suppliers/engineers.
• Must be a highly organised with creation, storage and presentation of digital data.
• Must be particularly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Excel, and have good knowledge of Outlook, Word and Power point.
• Office365, SharePoint, and MS Teams experience desired, but not essential as training provided.
• Must have good experience of general commercial business process and procedures. Prior experience in contracts management and/or health and safety legislations and requirements highly desirable.
• Other relevant broad knowledge or experience working with either the management, design, installation or commissioning of other renewable technologies also highly desirable.
• Planning & Organising
Highly organized, managing multiple tasks. Set clearly defined objectives; plan activities and projects well in advance manage time effectively; identify and organise resources needed to accomplish tasks; monitor performance against deadlines and milestones.
• Applying Expertise & Technology
Apply specialist detailed technical expertise; share expertise and knowledge with others; learn specialist technologies to achieve work objectives.
• Deciding & Initiating Action
Make prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks; take responsibility for actions, projects and people; take initiative; act with confidence and work under own direction; initiate and generate activity.
• Coping with Pressures & Setbacks
Work productively in a pressurised environment; keep emotions under control during difficult situations; balances the need of work life and personal life; maintain a positive outlook at work; handle constructive criticism well.
• Delivering Results & Meeting Client Expectations
• Focus on customer needs and satisfaction; set high standards for quality and quantity; monitor and maintain quality and productivity; work in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieve project goals.
• Writing & Reporting
Concise, accurate performance and financial reports, concise formal but warm persuasive bulleted emails.
• Presenting & Communicating
• Speak clearly and fluently; express opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; make presentations with skill and confidence; respond to the reactions and feedback of an audience; project credibility.
Analytical eye for detail in datasets and text, spotting discrepancies.
• Supporting & Co-Operating:
Demonstrate an interest in and understanding of others; adapt to the team and builds team spirit; recognise and rewards the contributions of others; listen, consult others and communicate proactively; support and care for others; develop and openly communicates self-insight.
• Must be fit and able to travel to our London Head office, and other client sites throughout the UK and possibly abroad.
• Must be able to sit for long periods in an office operating a PC and telephone.
• Relevant H&S training such as CSCS/Working at heights/Harnesses/PPE, desirable, but training can be provided.
• Experience of CDM regs, and/or writing works RAMS desirable but training can be provided.