Center Receptionist - Afternoon Shift (30 Hours/Week) Schroth Ln Locat
Posted on Mar 14, 2019 by Shire
BioLife is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States. At BioLife Plasma Services, we excel at caring. Caring for the quality of our lifesaving services, caring for the donors who help make it happen, and caring for the communities we call home. Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone.
BioLife's employment opportunities are among the best, offering competitive pay, immediate benefits, paid time off, on the job training, advancement potential AND an environment full of fast-paced fun all while working to save lives.
Provides Receptionist support to the plasma collection center, under the general direction of the Plasma Center Manager. Primarily provides customer service and performs administrative duties.
All below listed responsibilities must be completed in compliance with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities. Employees must also maintain complete and accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.
- Administrative functions related to new donors, repeat donors and SPE only donors that include but are not limited to :
- Verifying appointment times
- Assisting donors with future appointments
- Ensuring repeat donors scan in electronic system
- Creating or pulling donor record files
- Verifying prior donations
- Requesting identification for new donors
- Notifying the appropriate personnel that visitor/donor has arrived
- Contact donors to remind them of physical appointments
- Maintain orderly filing system, purging records as needed
- Answers incoming phone calls in a timely manner exhibiting strong customer service skills.
- Greets all visitors to the facility including new and repeat donors in a timely manner exhibiting strong customer service skills.
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is a plus
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact or above decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
- Reports to Center Manager (Internal)
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Requires occasional leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, reaching above shoulders and below knees and the ability to walk and stand for entire work shift. May lift up to 5 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to communicate face to face as well as over the telephone
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen)
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda's Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law -
EEO is the Law - Supplement -
Pay Transparency Policy -
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-###-#### and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.