Exhaust & Tuning Product Manager
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Monster Talent Fusion
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Exhaust and Tuning Product Manager is a position overseeing and managing the design, testing and approval of all exhaust and tuning products with the K&N, AEM, Spectre and Airaid brands. The job centers around the coordination and administration involved in the design and testing of exhaust and tuning products and their components and therefore requires a thorough understanding of K&N Engineering's manufacturing techniques, excellent mechanical aptitude, general engineering knowledge, plus great management, computer, communication, and organizational skills are required.
Experience, Skills & Education:
- Responsible for the fit, form and function of all exhaust and tuning products.
- Updates the active PPC/Project Tracking lists whenever a change is made.
- Work with engineering, production, tooling and purchasing to develop in-house products and turn-key purchased products.
- Initiate Engineering Change Notices (ECN) when a product is modified for any reason.
- Approve all exhaust and tuning products assigned.
- Look for new and efficient ways to sample prototype product designs, so testing and feasibility can be studied.
- Communicate with production personnel regularly to maintain an effective working relationship.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and databases in Microsoft Excel.
- Must know and understand basic principles used in engineering, machining, manufacturing and testing.
- Must know how internal combustion engines work and how exhaust and ECU systems are designed for motorized vehicles.
- Lead to keep documentation/ timelines visible and accurate, so that they can be shared and presented when necessary.
- 2-5 years in similar role preferred.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate ability to simultaneously handle multiple duties, prioritize, follow through on all tasks and projects, and meet pre-determined deadlines with limited supervision
- Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external customers and in a 1-on-1 or team situation
- Consistently demonstrate a positive company image to K&N customers
- This position will also require attending a few K&N events throughout the year, either trade shows, or customer visits, to help keep up with customer demands and wants, and our industries latest technologies.
- Consistently good attendance