Financial Accountant Lead
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by USAA
Support USAA's accounting and reporting teams as it relates to policy development and implementations. Experienced in complex accounting and regulatory standards with the ability to effectively communicate and provide expert counsel and recommendations to senior management regarding accounting and reporting policies and practices Job Requirements
- Leads USAA's GAAP and STAT accounting and reporting research activities and provides appropriate technical accounting interpretation on the application of GAAP to STAT to finance and accounting personnel and senior management.
- Creates, maintains and ensures implementation of appropriate accounting policies and best practices, evaluates and analyzes proposed transactions for accounting implications and potential impact of proposed accounting standards, and prepares documentation supporting USAA's accounting positions taken on significant or complex transactions.
- Assesses the impact of new accounting standards to USAA and leads implementation across affected functional areas.
- Assists with drafting comment letters to the FASB or NAIC on proposed accounting standards and represents USAA on several influential external accounting committees.
- Accountable for USAA's position with regards to E&Y's technical accounting and reporting inquiries.
- Identifies and documents accounting and business requirements impacting USAA systems and processes (including up and downstream).
- Supports various company or line of business specific initiatives as it relates to assessing accounting, reporting and disclosure implications.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or a Bachelor's degree in another field coupled with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Eight or more years of accounting or related work experience required.
- Subject matter expert knowledge of relevant industry data sources and knowledge of data analysis.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration (MBA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Variable Interest Entity (VIE) analysis experience
- Strategic thinker that can come with point of view and initiate needed action
- Consolidation process experience
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 02/26/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.