Business Intelligence Analyst Senior
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by USAA
Chief Legal Team (CLO) is expanding their data and analytic capabilities and the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with IT and business partners to establish CLO data and reporting processes that utilize the best practices and latest tools in the data and analytic community.
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and lead cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs. Job Requirements
- Leads and participates in gathering complex and often unique business requirements by defining the business problem and data requirements.
- Utilizes an advanced understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the design, development and implementation of decision support solutions, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
- Partners with the business operations to ensure effective design of decision support solutions.
- Develops innovative approaches to address complex business problems and solutions.
- Partners with IT to influence the design, alignment, and implementation of technical standards to address appropriate business solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Master's degree in Math, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
PhD in Math, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- 6 or more years experience in data management or information technology function
If Master's degree,
4 or more years experience in data management or information technology function
3 or more years experience in data management or information technology function.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience creating Business Object reports
- Experience developing Tableau Visualizations
- Experience working with Legal or Financial data
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers .
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/25/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: business, business advisory, business intelligence, client, consult, consultant, market, sales, senior consultant, support analyst