Director Accounting and Finance-Bank Stress Testing
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by USAA
This role will lead the Bank SFO team responsible for Bank Stress Testing, including Recovery and Resolution planning.
Plans, directs and administers financial operations and activities, typically with enterprise impact. Organizes and integrates the resources and systems necessary for effective and efficient operations. Leads and develops staff. Ability to influence senior management to achieve desired organizational outcomes. Job Requirements
- Manages a financial operations function and associated team or teams, including development of strategy, goals and objectives.
- Coaches and counsels staff to facilitate professional development.
- Promotes the development of effective team relationships, and functions in various capacities as required to ensure the success of team efforts.
- Frequently interacts with senior management and peers on matters requiring internal or cross company coordination.
- Serves as a consultant to management in long-range planning and helps influence decision making.
- Consistently interacts with senior management becoming their trusted advisor on all financial issues.
- Make recommendations to solve day today, as well as strategic financial business problems.
- Develops financial strategy for supported operating companies.
- Identifies problems and critical issues and implements appropriate responses to meet business challenges.
- Leads the development, coordination, and facilitation of identifying and communicating business requirements.
- Assumes leadership responsibility on select projects.
- Bachelor's degree Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree OR Master s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field required.
- If Bachelor's, 8 or more years of financial, or business operations experience OR If Master s degree, 6 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and theories of business operations, finance, accounting and/or other related business fields and disciplines.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications and functionalities of corporate financial or tax systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage talent, manage workflow and project execution, engage and inspire subordinate employees and peers, foster open communication, establish plans, manage and improve processes, build relationships, and establish trust.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 3 or more years performing CCAR or DFAST work OR 1+ year leading a team performing CCAR or DFAST work
- Current or previous formal people leadership experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 01/30/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.