Purchase Order Officer - Portsmouth (Contract £19 per hour) Defence &
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Click
We are recruiting for a Procurement Specialist based in Portsmouth on Contract working for a leading Defence & Space organisation.
Place Purchase Orders according to the Purchase Request on behalf of the commodity.
Actively involved in the management of the material flows in order to ensure that outsourced and purchased products are delivered on time, quality and cost to satisfy customers and launch first level of corrective and preventive actions. Manage inventory and order management expressed with the suppliers.
Job Requirements & Skills
- Check & ensure the execution of the order. Ensure daily monitoring of the Supplier delivery
- Obtain & Maintain Data related to the PO into the ERP system
- Work with Accounts Payable department to ensure timely supplier payment
- Act as focal point towards the supplier for operational activities
- Active Monitoring & Control of Suppliers
- Manage Supplier operational performance and drive necessary collaboration as far as necessary
- Manage performance reviews with the Suppliers based on Vendor Review Boards outputs, support working towards team KPIs
- Ensure compliance with Export regulations for all deliverable from Suppliers, on a day to day basis
- Proven purchasing/buying competency
- Interact and Influence internally & externally
- MRP/SAP, forecasts and exceptions
- Procured Products/Services Risk Management
- Supply Chain Quality & Improvement
- Supply Chain fundamentals
- Support new products/services introduction
- Compliance requirements
- Degree or similar