Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Java Developer urgently required on a permanent basis in Dublin.
You will be working within a team to develop and support a Java, PL/SQL (Oracle) application that maintains Fixed Income reference data for Securities. You will be responsible for developing new systems or extensions to existing systems from supplied requirements and specifications in accordance with agreed standards along with adhering to change control and implementation procedures and assisting in estimating system and program development times and costs.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a combination of Front End and Back End technology, have proven programming skills in Java, experience of basic design, structured programming, work reviews, testing cycles from unit to acceptance testing, release build, implementation and post release bug/issue fixes. Ability to work independently, multi-task and juggle priorities across different efforts/projects, basic knowledge of both Fixed Income and equity capital markets fundamentals, strong written and verbal communication skills & a Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent field of study is also required.
- Development experience with Core and Enterprise Java
- Solid fundamentals on Object Oriented Design and Patterns (eg Abstract Factory) and Data Structures (eg maps and trees)
- Experience with relational databases (preferably Oracle and/or MySQL) including SQL schema design, stored procedures, and triggers
- Perl, Python, Shell or similar Scripting language development experience in a Linux based environment
- Experience with SVN and/or GIT and Jira
- Experience with Spring Web MVC, Spring REST, Angular, Angular 2, ReactJS, PHP, XML schemes
- Experience with Kafka, Spring Batch
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your CV by return and I'll be happy to share the job description with you.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.