Senior Design Engineer
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Reporting to the Lead Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of design solutions within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
System design engineering consists of Software, Mechanical, Electrical and Controls architecture.
The successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will perform the following duties:
- Develop effective design solutions that meet specification requirements, and produce technical reports.
- Preparation of sub-system designs; verified by studies including hand calculations and software derived models, undertake effective test methods.
- Support the project engineering team in preparation and execution of design solutions to specification.
- Attend and prepare materials required for Project PTM (Project Team Meeting) for active projects, and design reviews.
- Periodic and possibly short notice national and international travel required to support the needs of the business in execution of projects.
- Leading project teams
- Complete Engineering hand calculations
- Preparation of Design Bill of Materials
- Attend and prepare Design review materials for assessment
- Implement approved design changes
- Release of tested and approved designs
- Preparation of formal Engineering Change Notice
- 3D CAD design
- Technical knowledge of mechanical components and/or devices
- Select or define components that meet Specification requirements
- Technical report writing
- Mechanically or Design biased Engineering degree, other engineering qualifications depending on experience.