ETL Developer II
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Fallon Health
About Fallon Health:
Founded in 1977, Fallon Health is a leading health care services organization that supports the diverse and changing needs of those we serve. In addition to offering innovative health insurance solutions and a variety of Medicaid and Medicare products, we excel in creating unique health care programs and services that provide coordinated, integrated care for seniors and individuals with complex health needs. Fallon has consistently ranked among the nation's top health plans, and is accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products. For more information, visit .
Brief summary of purpose:
Responsible for designing, developing, testing, delivering and maintaining data warehouse and ETL solutions based on business requirements, making use of existing technical capabilities and services in the organization. Align new solutions to the current architectural principles regarding standards and integration in the organization. Work collaboratively within and across development and project teams in a fast-paced environment. Development experience should include extensive Agile database design experience.
Build and maintain modular ETL applications which enables the flow of data between data sources
Develop database schemas, database procedures and functions, ETL, data loads and data extracts
- Participates in activities of development lifecycle including estimation, coding, unit testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Design and develop applications to established practice, standards and specifications.
- Works collaboratively with a level III developer to design, develop and deliver an entire application (i.e interface, ETL, extract, web site, service, console app, BI app).
- Works more or less independently.
- Participates in estimation
Defines and executes manual test cases which test all aspects of the component under development
- Increases use of automating testing, developing automated tests for components of an application
- Analyzes specifications and designs, develops, and tests high quality solutions in support of defined business objectives
Ensures accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis, coding, profiling and problem resolution
- Troubleshoots application programs and provides timely response; performance-tunes these applications as necessary
- Identifies problems and seeks assistance with solution implementation
Provides technical knowledge and subject matter expertise as required
- Adheres to detailed deployment plans, schedules, timelines and milestones
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years data warehouse development
- 3+ years SQL/T-SQL
- 2+ years SSIS
- Payer/ health care experience required
- Experience with XML formats would be a plus