Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Modis
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) function. The MEP function is responsible for developing and maintaining long term open and collaborative but commercially robust business relationships with suppliers who are designing and delivering complex sub-systems and providing unique services for The Company in support of these sub-systems.
As MEP Suppliers will typically be the Design Authority for the sub-system being procured, the MEP team has responsibility for managing each of these suppliers throughout the entire product life cycle. The MEP function owns this relationship and is responsible for managing the supplier programmes to ensure the developed technical solution, hardware deliveries and services are provided on time, to cost and to quality within each phase of the life cycle.
- The Primary interface dealing with suppliers who provide major sub-systems and services into The Company for integration into Defence Systems
- Responsible for managing the sub-contract placed with the supplier especially in terms of negotiating initial Contracts and subsequent amendments.
- Negotiating and implementing commercial deals with the suppliers
- Ensuring the Sub-contractor delivers to programme in line with project requirements within authorised budgets and technical requirements
- Ensuring the Sub-contractor performs in accordance with their contractual obligations
- Manage the Business relationship with suppliers including implementing Supplier Relationship Management techniques
- Lead a supplier facing multi-functional team within The Company typically involving Technical, Quality, Supply Chain and Manufacturing functions.
- Implementing strategies associated with the sub-contract(s) to deliver maximum business advantage in line with business plans, in the high value/high risk and complex political environment
- Seeking ways to continually improve the Supplier to be a high performing supplier
- Monitoring the health of the Supplier and identifying risks associated with the supplier
- Managing the major supplier related aspects of the business winning process associated with one or more major suppliers being accountable for drafting and negotiation of complex RFQs, sub-contracts, contract amendments and other industrial agreements ensuring they meet the requirements of the Project and minimise risk and cost to The Company
- Ensuring The Company's Commercial position is protected and improved where possible at all times
- Ensuring The Company has adequate visibility of the Sub-contractor programmes to enable resolution of Sub-contractor problems before they impact The Company
- Supporting cost reduction activities, undertaking risk management and change management within the delivery team to maximise commercial benefit to The Company
- Responsible for providing accurate budget and cash forecasts for supplier payments
- Propose and implement strategies, to overcome problems that may hazard timely delivery of project requirements or cost
- Running supplier meetings including regular progress reviews to ensure contract performance and understand status of sub contracts
What are we looking for from you?
- Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations
- Able to draft contract agreements and negotiate terms and conditions to maximise the benefit to The Company
- A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales
- Strong relationship management skills demonstrating an aptitude to be able to lead and influence key stakeholders and suppliers with the support of senior management
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office IT packages (SAP, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information