Terminal Loader (292010-836)
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Covia Corp.
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets.
The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia's rich Legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Terminal Loader who will have a positive impact on the Operations team at its Eighty-Four, PA location. The Terminal Loader is responsible for loading and unloading of sand to and from trucks, silos, and railcars.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
* Loading/Unloading sand to/from trucks, silos, and rail cars
* Ability to perform data entry into computer system
* Performs necessary tests for quality control purposes and ensures that sand conforms to customer requirements
* Prints and closes bills of lading
* Obtains samples as required
* Informs management of any problems with meeting daily customer requirements
* Maintains clean and safe work area
* Assures material is loaded in proper equipment; silo, dump truck, rails cars and other specialized equipment
* Routine maintenance on portable and permanent equipment
* Flex work schedule, including some weekends
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* 1-3 years of experience in loading or manufacturing required
* High School diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree preferred
* Maintenance experience preferred
* Basic knowledge of mathematics and the ability to measure accurately
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other data entry systems
* Good time management skills
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
* Ability to climb up to 130 feet
* Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
* Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Disability, Life/AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
* Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
NO RECRUITER INQUIRIES PLEASE. All other inquiries should be directed to the Talent Acquisition team.