Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Covia Corp.
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia's rich Legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Electrician who will have a positive impact on the Operations team at its Seiling, OK location. The Electrician is accountable for all electrical inspections, electrical troubleshooting, and repairs at the plant. The Electrician will also be responsible for providing electrical training to other members of the maintenance staff and assisting with other maintenance activities as needed.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
* Comply with applicable MSHA regulations as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and procedures applying to the worker or person that are part of a safety and health management system for the mine
* If the worker has information that other persons need to know to fulfil their obligations or duties under the CFR, or to protect themselves from the risk of injury or illness, to give the information to the other persons
* Take any other reasonable and necessary course of action to ensure anyone is not exposed to an unacceptable level of risk
* Work or carry out the worker's activities in a way that does not expose the worker or someone else to an unacceptable level of risk
* Ensure, to the extent of the responsibilities and duties allocated to the worker or person, that the work and activities under the worker's control, supervision, or leadership is conducted in a way that does not expose the worker or person or someone else to an unacceptable level of risk
* To the extent of the worker's or person's involvement, to participate in and conform to the risk management practices of the operation
* Comply with instructions given for safety and health of persons by the mine operator or a supervisor at the operation
* Work at the operation only if the worker is in a fit condition to carry out the work without affecting the safety and health of others
* Not do anything willfully or recklessly that might adversely affect the safety and health of someone else at the operation
* Adhere to site procedures and instructions given by supervisors
* Operate equipment in a safe manner which is most efficient and reduces damage, downtime, and quality issues
* Complete required paperwork in an orderly, accurate, and professional fashion
* Assist with any continuous improvement projects as necessary
* Perform all other duties as needed or assigned
* Install electrical/electronic equipment/wiring to National Electrical Code and Covia electrical standards
* Inspect, maintain, repair and overhaul electromechanical and solid state electrical equipment, using a variety of electrical test equipment, meters, powered and non-powered tools and equipment
* Maintain, troubleshoot and repair PLCs
* Inspect and maintain motors to prevent and predict failures
* Perform high voltage switching and operate generators in support of operations
* Lead a work party in performing maintenance or repair work
* Perform regular thermal imaging to predict electrical failures so that work can be planned ahead
* During the electricians work rotation he/she will be on call in case of problems during the off-shift
* Extension cords inspections, ground testing, motor greasing
* Provide electrical training to other mechanics at the plant
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* Prefer previous experience within mining operations (preferably sand)
* 2 years' experience in a maintenance role required
* Must be able to read manuals, blueprints, and electrical diagrams
* Demonstrated experience contributing within a team of professionals to deliver against set targets
* Demonstrated commitment to safety with experience identifying/managing risks
* Literacy in English, both written and spoken
* High School diploma or GED required
* Electrical trade certification
* Competency in industrial electricity & troubleshooting electrical control circuits
* Competency in replacing and troubleshooting electrical motors
* Technical training in computer systems, conveyors, or similar preferred
* Competency in preventative maintenance strategies preferred
* Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
* Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Disability, Life/AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
* Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
NO RECRUITER INQUIRIES PLEASE. All other inquiries should be directed to the Talent Acquisition team.